Specific Job Details:
Patient Service Specialist
Post Date: 10/05/2017 2017-10-05 Job ID: 10307 Category: Professional
- This position is accountable for receiving patients in a courteous, professional manner, answering tough questions, and scheduling patients either on the phone or in person.
- This position is accountable for registration tasks of new and established patients’ on the phone or in person.
- The incumbent is responsible for obtaining current patient information and responding to patient inquiries.
- This position works in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
Specific Job Details:
- This position requires direct patient contact; continuous face to face interaction with physicians, nursing and other clinical support staff;
- Requires critical thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to take vitals, enter information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and assist in the basic triage of the patient.
- Requires the ability to prioritize daily tasks simultaneously within a fast paced, ever changing work environment; must be adaptable and flexible within a strong team structure.
- Ability to understand logistics and how it can relate to your work area associated with the flow of patients throughout our Client; with attention to standards of safety and security.
- Requires strong problem solving skills with the ability to make decisions promptly and utilize appropriate resources in multiple areas to research/resolve issues related to the episode of care.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by leadership including training of new employees.
- Position requires standing and walking up to 8 hours per day.
- Applicants must have the ability to work 6: 00am-6: 00pm Monday-Friday and occasional Saturdays.
- High School Education or equivalent required.
- Working knowledge of computers and software applications required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop the knowledge of names, faces and procedures at the Clinic.
- Professional and customer relations skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented, accurate and efficient.
- Must be able to maintain a calm, courteous manner in a demanding environment.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and a genuine interest in helping others.