Patient Service Representative/Scheduler
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Post Date: 05/12/2017 2017-05-12 Job ID: 8623 Category: Professional
- Greeting patients upon arrival, efficiently and accurately while, pre-registering, registering and scheduling all hospital visits, tests, admissions, and new or scheduled clinic patients.
- Position will float to different areas of the department or to different sites as needed.
- Records pertinent and accurate identifying information such as patients name, address, date of birth, telephone number, person to contact in case of emergency, attending physician, primary provider, and insurance company coverage as well as performing other related clerical duties as needed.
- Identifies/verifies correct insurance coverage set-up according to patients insurance card and managed care contract listing.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of general insurances guidelines regarding eligibility for coverage and reimbursement (i.e. copay, deductible, coinsurance, etc.).
- Initiate benefit verification for services as appropriate per patient’ s plan requirements by utilizing electronic real-time tools to confirm coverage and contact insurance companies when assistance is needed to clarify benefits and insurance requirements.
- Initiate review of charges and claims with either internal departments or insurance carriers to resolve patient account questions or discrepancies.
- Request payments from patient for their out of pocket responsibility at or before the Point of Service.
- Accept and process patient payments for visits and account balances, ensuring cash is accurate and secure at all times.
- Ability to work in multiple computer systems simultaneously.
- Ensure all encounters occur in a courteous, professional and confidential manner using AIDET.
- Safely assisting and utilizing lifting devices during patient transport.
- Assists with training, orientation, and mentoring of new staff.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic accounting knowledge (understanding of debits and credits).
- Basic cash handling skills preferred.
- One year of customer service experience preferred.
- Frontline medical office experience preferred.