Patient Care Assistant
2017-11-13 Job ID: 10647 Category: Health
- The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) assists nursing staff with delegated tasks of direct and indirect patient care which support and complement nursing practice under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- At a minimum, the PCA carries out designated skills that are within those functions of a certified nursing assistant, as defined by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- The incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development through the life span and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient' s age-specific needs.
- The PCA communicates data reflective of the patient' s status and delegated tasks and/or functions.
- The incumbent works flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Floats to various inpatient and ambulatory areas
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Graduation from a vocational program for nursing assistants preferred.
- Availability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends. Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills preferred.
- PCA' s in the Inpatient Neurology Unit must be able to perform all duties in the Epilepsy monitoring unit.
- Basic Life Support certification is required. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credential preferred and may be required per specialty unit guidelines.
- Arizona Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credential is required for Inpatient Float Pool unit.
- Must have AZ certification or licensure, current BLS.