Specific Job Details:
Patient Appointment Coordinator
Post Date: 07/05/2017 2017-07-05 Job ID: 9207 Category: Health
- Interacts with patients and/or referring physicians to schedule appropriate appointments or provide other information/services as needed.
- Independently recognizes, interprets, and evaluates medical conditions and their level of urgency.
- Maintains regular contact with medical specialty areas (physicians, secretaries, and administrators) as needed as part of the patient care team to ensure quality-scheduling services.
Specific Job Details:
- Full time; 40 hours per week;
- Monday - Friday; Hours are varied shifts 7 am - 6 pm
- Responsible for scheduling appointments and coordinating creation of patient appointment itineraries in a complex multispecialty medical practice.
- Utilizes patient-specific information to accurately determine the nature of the appointment request and independently schedules and confirms patient appointments utilizing scheduling criteria to determine appropriate appointment area/medical acuity.
- Process and schedule appointment requests for all areas of the institution as they are received from patients, Client staff, and external referring physicians via telephone call center, or online request.
- Obtain or verify patient demographics, medical insurance information, and properly advise patients regarding the need for co-payments, referral authorizations and/or pre-service deposits as appropriate.
- May pre-schedule appropriate tests/consults.
- Perform related clerical duties such as processing external demand appointment inquiries which may include fax and on-line requests, as well as processing patient appointment letters and related materials.
- HS Diploma or GED required, Associate' s degree preferred or two years of medical appointment scheduling experience in a healthcare facility.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course or at least 2 years of medical terminology use required.
- 3-5 years' telephone and customer service experience required, such as a call center, physician' s office, as an appointment scheduler, etc.
- Candidates must be able to type 40 wpm.
- Minimum two years telephone and/or customer service experience required, such as a call center, administrative, physician' s office, appointment scheduler or retail/ service industry.