Patient Appointment Coordinator
Post Date: 06/15/2017 Job ID: 8948 Category: Professional
- Interacts with patients and/or referring physicians to schedule appropriate appointments or provide other information/services as needed.
- Independently recognizes, interprets, and evaluates medical conditions and their level of urgency.
- Maintains regular contact with medical specialty areas (physicians, secretaries, and administrators) as needed as part of the patient care team to ensure quality-scheduling services.
Specific Job Details:
- Coordinate the medical consultation services for our Client’ s Center for Tuberculosis.
- Must be able to communicate with a wide-variety of physicians from different areas of practice and regions of the country.
- Basic database entry skills.
- Must be able to schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Must be able to take meeting minutes.
- HS Diploma or GED required,
- Associate' s degree preferred or two years of medical appointment scheduling experience in a healthcare facility.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course or at least 2 years of medical terminology use required.
- 3-5 years' telephone and customer service experience required, such as a call center, physician' s office, as an appointment scheduler, etc.
- Candidates must be able to type 40 wpm.