Patient Appointment Coordinator
Post Date: 05/16/2017 2017-05-16 Job ID: 8643 Category: Professional
- Interacts with patients and/or referring physicians to schedule appropriate appointments or provide other information/services as needed.
- Independently recognizes, interprets, and evaluates medical conditions and their level of urgency.
- Maintains regular contact with medical specialty areas (physicians, secretaries, and administrators) as needed as part of the patient care team to ensure quality-scheduling services.
- HS Diploma or GED required,
- Associate' s degree preferred or two years of medical appointment scheduling experience in a healthcare facility.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course or at least 2 years of medical terminology use required.
- 3-5 years' telephone and customer service experience required, such as a call center, physician' s office, as an appointment scheduler, etc.
- Candidates must be able to type 40 wpm.