Patient Access Specialist
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland, OR 97239
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Patient Access Specialist in Portland, OR. Interested candidates should forward current resume to Elizabeth "Izzy" Merrill at email@example.com and call directly at 952-303-8123.
- 6+ month contract with potential for extension or conversion to permanent based on performance, attendance, and business factors
- $13/hr starting pay rate
- Direct deposit, every other Friday
- Health, dental, and vision benefits available after 90 days
- Full time hours, flex schedule
- This position is the initial point of contact for patients.
- They are the face and voice of the Comprehensive Pain Center.
- The incumbent must be motivated to create the ideal patient and family experience.
- This position supports the Comprehensive Pain Center operations with overall new patient schedule coordination for patients and providers.
- The position works with patients, families, providers, clinical and non-clinical staff to coordinator the patient’s experience throughout the process of accessing healthcare .
- Responsible for all processes involving checking in of patients prior to being seen by a clinical provider.
- This includes, but is not limited to, careful review of insurance and demographic information with each patient and recording changes in the on line systems, verifies account status, authorization information and copay/prepay information with patient against on line systems, collects co-pays.
- Contacts managed care staff when discrepancies arise, notifies clinical staff when patients arrive. Process check in paperwork in a timely fashion and makes it available to clinical staff as soon as it is complete.
- Monitors how long patients are kept in waiting room and intervenes as necessary, as well as other responsibilities associated with efficient and effective checking in of patients.
- This position is responsible for all aspects of patient scheduling.
- The incumbent will coordinate new patient scheduling from the point of initial contact through the appointment creation.
- S/He will be responsible to collect required information including external medical records and insurance information.
- They will be responsible for ensuring that the patient is scheduled accurately and all external records regarding the patient’s current condition is accurate, complete, and available as per standard work guidelines.
- Provides front desk for check-in/out scheduling needs for patients.
- Follows defined Standard Work expectations and meets defined productivity metrics
- Continually work with all Comprehensive Pain Center care teams members (RN, MA, PAS, RASR and physicians/providers, APOM leadership & billing support teams) to streamline daily patient flow, ongoing patient care needs, communication, participates in workflow process improvement projects & departmental or quality initiatives
- Participate as part of the team on the workflows for continuous improvement.
- Customer Service Excellence: Meet or exceed customer service standards in all interactions with patients, families, and all healthcare team members.
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous communications at all times
- Other duties assigned by the Practice Manager or PAS Supervisor
- The position is also involved in recognizing and reporting access barriers to their immediate supervisor.
- This position will spend 95% of their time on phones and/or other types of communication.
- This position requires high level attention to detail while providing the highest level of service to our patients, clinical team, and colleagues.
Voca: The Spirit of Work