New York, New York
Post Date: 06/26/2017 2017-06-26 Job ID: 9100 Category: Legal
- Provides a full range of legal advice and services.
- Responsibilities are within the Legal Function as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines.
- Conducts legal research.
- Assembles and analyzes records.
- Checks legal forms for accuracy.
- Prepares correspondence and legal documents.
- Schedules interviews and meetings.
- Organizes and maintain documents in a paper or e-filing system.
- Tracks and monitors existing cases.
- Develops rudimentary understanding of complex information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data).
- Proofreads and provides other basic support for creating routine technical communication materials (e.g., policies & procedures, guidelines, presentations, messages).
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the main audience groups in the business unit/function that receive technical communications.
- Negotiation and Influence: Assists team with tasks related to negotiating simple or short-term contracts.
- Demonstrates an understanding of differing points of view, and assists in developing cost and benefit analysis.
- Assists team in gathering relevant information that will help to gain the support of and effectively influence others
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a related discipline
- Experience Required: 0 to 2 years Certifications: Familiarity with the financial services sector.
- Core Skills & Requirement: Functional knowledge: Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline.
- Requires guidance on task initially and requires supervision.
- Is working in a smaller defined area of the role, this continues to expand as the employee gains more confidence and capability.
- Business expertise: Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience.
- Often needs help understanding the commercial side or key business drivers impacting the task/decision.
- Leadership: No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for developing technical contribution.
- Problem solving: Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments.
- Impact: Has limited impact on own work team; works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines as described by supervisor.
- Interpersonal skills: Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Technical Business Partnering (for OGC): Demonstrates a basic understanding of the standard processes, objectives, and challenges within assigned customer accounts.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of customer’ s typical processes and activities, and resulting business needs.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the rules, regulations and time frames of the business, as well as the impact legal changes have on end users.
- Knowledge of Legal and Regulatory
- Develops an understanding of laws, controls and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates awareness of industry trends and learns how to research programs and processes.
- Develops understanding of internal and external market control environments.
- Understands basic regulatory affairs compliance and requirements.