PMO Project Manager-Senior
Post Date: 06/16/2017 Job ID: 8968 Category: Professional
- Plans and coordinates all aspects, such as meetings, tracking, reporting, UAT, of one or more technology development or implementation projects, or multiple small software development projects from inception to delivery.
- Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal business owners.
- Facilitates initial business requirements gathering and other necessary meetings with Business Analysts, Product Owners and end users.
- Creates standard weekly and monthly project status reports and documentation.
- Resolves project issues, mitigates risks, and manages scope change requests for all development sprints (if Agile is being used).
- Manages and reports on budgets and progress.
- Drives project deliverables and decisions to completion.
- Coordinates rollout activities and leads user acceptance testing.
- Ensures that the team is fully functional and productive.
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions.
- Removes barriers. Shields the team from external interferences.
- Ensures that the process is followed, including issuing invitations to daily scrums, sprint reviews, and sprint planning (if Agile is being used). Facilitates the daily scrums (if Agile is being used).
- Raises awareness of dependencies and blocks that are impediments to the sprint (if Agile is being used).
- Issues need to be prioritized and tracked.
- Remediation plan created and implemented for impediments in priority order.
- Mentors peer project managers on best practices.
- Responsible for PMO control procedures as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent in technology, MIS, or related field. 5-7 years system implementation Project Management experience. 5-7 years’ experience in full SDLC systems/software development and implementation or comparably complex technical area.
- SCRUM Master Certification is a plus.
- Agile project management experience a plus.
- Advanced project management skills; Strong mediation and negotiation skills.
- Manages project budgets of up to $2M. Excellent leadership, analysis, facilitation, and client relationship skills. Manages project teams of 1-20 resources in a matrix fashion.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees and customers of all levels. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and Google docs.Travel 0-5%