P8 FileNet Business Analyst
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
- Lead identification and documentation of business rules and acceptance criteria for capital and operations and maintenance projects for development of new software applications or enhancing existing ones.
- Create screen and report mock-ups as appropriate. (60 – 70%).
- Analyze or lead the analysis of business processes to determine appropriate improvements, business rules, and acceptance criteria, to facilitate the delivery of application development and support services as well as formulating plans to address future enhancements to ensure business and information technology alignment of resources and priorities. (20 – 30%).
- Lead user groups in assessing enhancement alternatives and in identifying and prioritizing system enhancement and change requests. (10 – 20%).
- Perform research and fact-finding to develop business rules, acceptance criteria, screen and report mock-ups, processes and process improvements. (10 – 20%).
- Act and liaison between business and information technology. (5 – 10%).
- Perform any additional responsibilities as assigned. (0-5%).
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of principles of Agile software development methodology is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplined teams in gathering business rules and acceptance criteria for Agile projects.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced analytical skills to solving complex business and software application problems.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to participate on teams that result in contribution to achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to perform assignments with little direction, within determined timeframes, and with high degree of accuracy.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities;
- Enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
- Adhere to and support all company policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Bachelor degree in information systems, computer science or related technical field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically six years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor degree.).
- Four years or more of demonstrated experience in business analyst, programmer analyst and/or systems analyst role.
- Experience with Agile methodology preferred.
- Three years of experience with IBM FileNet P8 is required.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project and Enterprise Project Management. Knowledge of the gas industry is a plus.
- IBM P8 Certifications are a plus. P8 Forms experience is a plus.
- Experience with ICC for Email and SharePoint is a plus.
- Experience developing workflows using Process Designer is a plus.
- Experience with Content Navigator is a plus.
- Experience with Datacap is a plus.
- Knowledge of barcode recognition, batch processing, image formats, and OCR is a plus.
- Experience with project methodologies including project management tools, estimating, and documentation of requirements, use cases and test plans.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, including presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.