Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53215
- Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
- May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
- Licensing or registration required. Includes advance practice nurses such as: nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, certified nurse midwives, and certified registered nurse anesthetists.
- Advanced practice nursing is practiced by RNs who have specialized formal, post-basic education and who function in highly autonomous and specialized roles.
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state of Wisconsin
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- ACLS from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- PALS from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Associate's degree in Nursing
- Requires 2 year of experience in hospital nursing
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and electronic medical records systems
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent decisions
- Good organization, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions