Nutrition Services Aide
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Prepares food in an efficient, safe and timely manner according to department service times and schedules, using standardized recipes and following proper techniques.
- Covers, labels, dates and rotates all food prior to storing to ensure department and regulatory agency standards are met.
- Washes dishes and/or pots and pans according to established procedures and time frames.
- Practices proper infection control methods including hand-washing, personal hygiene and infection control policies.
- Performs a specific task on tray line during the assembly of patient trays.
- Delivers trays to patients, collects trays after meal service.
- Delivers floor stock and/or nourishments to patients and nursing unit.
- Performs a variety of cafeteria and/or coffee shop duties which may include plating, using portion control and cashiering operation.
- Reports To: SUPERVISOR NUTRITION SERVICES-371
- Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment; familiar with cleaning products, chemicals, and safety procedures.
- Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Integration of activities, structures, and responsibilities so that resources are used most effectively to meet objectives.
- Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Actively pursuing a high school diploma or equivalent.
- No experience required.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.