St. Paul, Minnesota 55103
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Demonstrates commitment to the universal guiding principles of the patient care model in order to achieve our Client’s Nursing vision.
- Supports the Nursing Process to achieve outcome focused patient care. Supports holistic nursing theory based on Watson's theory of caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association and our Client’s nursing patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) in order to achieve our Client’s Nursing vision.
- Communicates accurately and effectively with patient/family and health care team members.
- Reinforces patient education as directed by clinical staff. \
- Achieves customer service excellence by understanding the needs of all internal and external customers, patients, families, physicians and the interdependent team.
- Documents patient information in EHR and/or other electronic system in accordance with program standards, department policies/procedures.
- Reports To: DIRECTOR CLINICAL-311
- E/O weekend
- Nursing Assistive Core Competencies - Patient Care Delivery: Observes and collects pertinent data and/or clinical findings to enhance patient outcomes.
- Nursing Assistive Core Competencies - Patient Education: Provides patient educational information appropriate to the developmental level, learning needs, readiness, cultural values, and beliefs of patients and families.
- Nursing Assistive Core Competencies - Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Medical Staff Relations: Builds effective partnerships with medical staff, physicians, fostering open lines of communication and establishing trust.
- Program Design: Formulating a plan for a program from a concept or idea. Systems Thinking: Understanding how things influence one another other within a whole; carefully balances the good of the department or site with the entire organization.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Credentials Essential: Description: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Qualification Source: American Heart Association Preferred: Description: Certified Med Assistant (CMA)
- Qualification Source: American Association of Medical Assistants Description: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Experience: No experience required. Patient care experience preferred.