Nuclear Medicine Technician
Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Staff nuclear medicine technologist receives direction from nuclear medicine consultants, nuclear medicine supervisors, lead technologists, radiologists, and on-call radiologists.
- Prepare and administer radioactive isotopes producing images that physicians use in diagnosing disease.
- Work directly with patients in a variety of medical settings, such as hospitals, outpatient clinics, and surgery.
- Respect the modesty and confidentiality of their patients and deal with hostile and demanding patients in a mature manner.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a related field and be a graduate of an accredited nuclear medicine technology program.
- Must be board certified in nuclear medicine technology and maintain current licensure.
- Must maintain current knowledge and proficiency in nuclear medicine by attending in-services and obtaining continuing education.
- May also be required to work on-call shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Demonstrated flexibility in response to varying workloads required.
- Must be registered as a certified nuclear medicine technologist (CNMT) with the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and maintain current licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Must be licensed by MRTBE and nationally certified.