Nuclear Medicine Technician
2017-11-01 Job ID: 10547 Category: Professional
- Prepare and administer radioactive isotopes producing images that physicians use in diagnosing disease.
- Work directly with patients in a variety of medical settings, such as hospitals, outpatient clinics, and surgery.
- Respect the modesty and confidentiality of their patients and deal with hostile and demanding patients in a mature manner.
- Must have a Bachelor' s degree in a related field and be a graduate of an accredited nuclear medicine technology program.
- Must be board certified in nuclear medicine technology and maintain current licensure.
- Must maintain current knowledge and proficiency in nuclear medicine by attending in-services and obtaining continuing education.
- May also be required to work on-call shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Demonstrated flexibility in response to varying workloads required.
- Must be registered as a certified nuclear medicine technologist (CNMT) with the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and maintain current licensure. Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Must be licensed by MRTBE and nationally certified.