Qualifications / Requirements:
San Francisco, California
Post Date: 04/24/2017 2017-04-24 Job ID: 8420 Category: Technology
- Analyzes functional specifications and information to determine, recommend and plan the layout of computer systems and subsystems so that such systems operate efficiently, effectively use the space allotted and are capable of handling the proposed project or workload.
- Designs, defines, and implements complex system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems.
- Evaluates factors to determine system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Plans design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies.
- Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise and support.
- Proactive problem solving. Ability to recognize design problems and implement solutions or recommend solutions to senior management.
- Plan and prioritize work load of team, assign staff to projects, develop team members.
- Define and implement operating procedures on new and existing systems, ensuring adherence to Operations Standards.
- Define or assist in defining project and implementation processes.
- Ensure products and services are delivered in a supportable manner and to defined standards of quality and software compliance
- Co-ordinate and lead activities between different external groups where required to ensure full support and information is provided.
- Develop Technical Recovery plans, and to take part in technical recovery for major incidents within your defined area.
- Apply technical policies and standards to the systems supported.
- Review designs ensuring compliance to specifications.
- Provide engineering assistance relative to design compatibility.
- Ensure interoperability is maintained across multiple software components.
- Ensure and maintain high availability standards for all servers and infrastructure.
- Track system availability issues and resolve issues following diagnostic procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Min 5 years IT networking hardware and software experience.
- Strong, demonstrated experience with Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems, including shell scripting, basic system administration
- Working knowledge & experience network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, multicast)
- Ability to setup and execute installation and test programs (this is not a software programmer position)
- (Manager will need to select additional appropriate qualifications):
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS
- Expert knowledge of Unix (specifically Sun Solaris)
- Expert knowledge of Internet technologies
- Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Load Balancing (specifically Cisco CSS)
- Working knowledge of storage technologies (SAN and NAS)
- Working knowledge of computer operations and their interfaces
- Working knowledge of Database systems (specifically Sybase)
- Working knowledge of communications protocols and networking technology: TCP / IP, SNMP, IP routing and protocols, IP Subnetting, ARP, ICMP, SSH, DNS, SMTP
- Knowledge of Security and associated technologies
- Knowledge of Security compliancy
- Knowledge of Management systems (specifically Tivoli)
- Knowledge of Data Center design
- Java programming a plus