New York, New York
Post Date: 03/30/2017 Job ID: 8218 Category: Professional
- Perform the on-going support and delivery of all local networks, and ensure server connectivity.
- Perform maintenance on all local network infrastructure components in line with the equipment manufacturers guidelines and/or the Runbook and ensure that firmware is kept current and security patches are applied.
- Administer the cable and patch panel management and perform patching to resolve problems or reconfigure the LAN.
- Make recommendations with respect to patches released by applicable manufacturers.
- Install and configure load-balancing devices; including defining and implementing required servers, server/application pools, wide IPs and iRules.
- Coordinate break/fix scenarios with REDI’ s telecommunications vendors. Manage issues and report status to REDI accordingly.
- Maintain IP addressing scheme and continuously support the implementation of optimal routing policies and architecture.
- Allocate IP addresses when necessary and maintain the register of used and available IP addresses.
- Implement access and authentication controls relating to the management and configuration of all intelligent components of the network.
- Ordering data center cross connects.
- Coordinating installation and REDI client turn-up.
- Managing and monitoring REDI client connectivity.
- Be involved in a follow the sun support model with regional teams (North America, London, Hong Kong) as well as rotational on-call escalation
- 6+ years of experience in a role that involved managing & designing network infrastructures in an mission-critical client services environment
- CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIP or equivalent expertise required
- Knowledge of JUNOS & Cisco IOS based systems
- Hands on experience with Juniper SRX firewalls, EX series switches, and MX series routers.
- Hands on experience with BIG IP F5 LTMs & GTMs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols; specifically BGP & OSPF.
- Experience with the configuration & support of complex networks leveraging multiple VRFs & VCs.
- Experience with network configuration management concepts & tools – RANCID, HP Network Automation, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of advanced security concepts and best practices related to external client connectivity
- Experience troubleshooting layer 1 - 4 network problems with internal and external clients.
- Substantial experience network troubleshooting techniques such as analysis of packet captures, tracing, performance tuning, analysis of firewall session details, and monitoring
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively on complex customer issues within tight time constraints
- Exceptional organization, time management skills and multi-tasking skills
- Candidates should also have significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: STP, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP/VRRP, PIM, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, VPNS (IPSec & SSL), netflow / jflow, MPLS, ACLS, and security policies.
- Relevant Skills
- Experience with variants of the following Cisco Products a plus: Catalyst 3750/3850s, ISR G2 2900/3900s, and ASA 5500s
- Experience with Netscalers, Fibre Channel, Avaya VoIP, and DNS a plus.
- Desire to investigate, test, and deploy network tools to enhance our ability to provision network devices and proactively support our network.
- Desire to be exposed to concepts relevant to the financial industry
- Ability to get involved in the technical investigation of issues and proactively assume leadership
- Strong ability to own side projects including building or improving in-house tools
- Self-motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve both product and process
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Understanding of the UNIX/LINUX operating environments with the ability to navigate, manipulate, and understand the file structure.
- Scripting experience a plus.