Network Engineer Cisco
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
- Design and develop moderately complex voice and data network plans for network upgrades and expansion. (25%)
- Design and implementation of moderately complex voice and data systems, network configurations and network architecture, including hardware and software technology, site locations, business continuity, disaster recovery, and integration of technologies. (20%)
- Review analyses and technical feasibility to develop voice and data network deployment strategies. (15%)
- Assess and review voice and data network growth forecasts and to ensure that business needs are translated into network capacity requirements. (15%)
- Support efforts to resolve voice and data network problems and incidents through root cause analysis and study of potential network deficits. (15%)
- Identify and test current conditions and provide recommendations to ensure that the voice and data network infrastructure is positioned to meet business requirements. (5%)
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (5%)
- Internal - Information technology staff and application end users
- External - Contractors and vendors
- Performance Expectations (Key Success Factors)
- Demonstration of technical knowledge and a growing knowledge of the company's information systems and infrastructure design.
- Provide accurate input into the budget process and contribute to meeting the actual targets.
- Compliance with industry and corporate technology standards.
- Emphasis on identification and fulfillment of customer requirements.
- Participation on teams that results in contribution to achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and the company.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory completion of responsibilities; enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
- Attend work on a regular basis and support the company's employee policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or related technical field or equivalent work experience. (Typically four years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor's degree.)
- A minimum of two years additional directly related technical experience is required.
- Three years experience with voice and data networking or general telecommunications experience. Technical skills including programming, installation, configuration, and data base management.
- Strong analysis and design skills involving the ability to gather data on systems issues, define alternative approaches, assess business impact, recommend cost effective solutions, and develop and implement those solutions.
- Strong knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.