Assist the Operation organization by perform dimensional analysis on internally manufactured fabricated and
welded components and hardware for new process development, part approval/qualification, as well as problem
part identification. Perform Capability studies for new part approval/qualification process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned:
- Perform measurement of components, weldments, and products to determine conformance to drawing or
- engineering specifications for problem solving activities.
- Perform and analyze measurements for machine capability studies.
- Perform and evaluate measurements for process capability studies or control charts.
- Perform First Article Inspections (FAI’s) to ensure that all fabricated and welded components meet
- engineering specifications.
- Maintain FAI and measurement records.
- Perform tool verifications to ensure tooling is able to provide components that meet specification.
- Provide the appropriate management and engineering resources with feedback on measurement results.
- Train personnel in use of quality tools and techniques, measurement techniques, gage usage, and blueprint
- May perform process verifications to ensure production of products are consistent with established
- May participate in product development activities in the development phase.
- May participate in manufacturing/quality projects for improvements in safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 4 years of technical experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a specific technical discipline.
- Knowledge of hand-held measurement devices, knowledge of CMM measurement techniques.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience by combination of education and work experience in a specific technical discipline.