Medical Practice Secretary
Voca Health has an opportunity for a Medical Practice Secretary with our client in Phoenix. Interested candidates will reach out to Chad Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org, direct line 952-303-8110.
- Functions as an ambassador of the practice by serving as a liaison to patients, internal and external referring physicians, and all allied health staff who interact with the department/division.
- Provides superior customer service through the handling of a high volume of telephone calls.
- Must possess a good understanding of the unique characteristics and operations of the department/division in order to proficiently support the practice.
- Principal functions include facilitating patient access, appropriately responding to patient inquiries, and accommodating referring physician requests.
- Additional duties may include but are not limited to routing patient concerns appropriately, calendar and schedule maintenance and handling physician mail.
- This position is a great fit for Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Admin Assistant, Executive Assistant, and Receptionist.
Specific Job Details:
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, 1 hour lunch,
- Monday-Friday. Answering phones, messaging.
- Episode completion procedures.
- Other misc things involved with medical records and patients.
- Won't be in charge of scheduling surgeries.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Minimum three years of secretarial, back office/front office experience in a physician's office or customer service role required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service required.
- Healthcare experience preferred. Completion of a medical terminology course preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer experience with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Medical terminology, Office/Medical Secretary experience,
- Excellent communicator,
- Team player.
- Needs to know Word, Excel is helpful,
- PowerPoint somewhat but not as necessary.
Voca is a national full service staffing and consulting company that specializes in Staff Augmentation, Direct Hire and Executive Search placement. Our client base covers mid-size companies to Fortune 500 organizations to include a full range of industries which provides us the opportunity to place you in IT, Healthcare, Accounting/Finance, Legal and Professional positions. Our goal is to provide the tools and opportunities to help our consultants grow, and to provide the best possible candidates to our clients.