Medical Practice Secretary
- Functions as an ambassador of the practice by serving as a liaison to patients, internal and external referring physicians, and all allied health staff who interact with the department/division.
- Provides superior customer service through the handling of a high volume of telephone calls.
- Must possess a good understanding of the unique characteristics and operations of the department/division in order to proficiently support the practice.
- Principal functions include facilitating patient access, appropriately responding to patient inquiries, and accommodating referring physician requests.
- Additional duties may include but are not limited to routing patient concerns appropriately, calendar and schedule maintenance and handling physician mail.
Specific Job Details:
- Pathology transcription, pulling pathology slides for tumor board, assisting with packing and mailing pathology slides.
- Hours are 8a-5p.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Minimum three years of secretarial, back office/front office experience in a physician's office or customer service role required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Completion of a medical terminology course preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer experience with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Medical terminology and transcription experience