Medical Insurance Specialist
- Collects, reviews, discusses, and documents demographic, insurance, and financial information with patients and payers for our Client’s Arizona, Jacksonville and Rochester Revenue Cycles. Responsible for management and collection of our Client’s Account Receivables through the use of automated systems and revenue cycle processes.
- Responds to and resolves a variety of account, billing and payment issues from patients and customers.
- Follows approved guidelines and policies regarding routine patient and payer interactions.
- Makes independent decisions that require individual and/or team analysis, reasoning, and problem solving.
- Interprets, applies and communicates our Client’s policies regarding medical and financial aspects of patient care to assure optimal reimbursement for both the patient and our Client.
- This individual must accurately document interactions and interpret interactions documented by others.
Specific Job Details:
- Obtains prior authorizations from insurance companies for a variety of hospital based testing and procedures.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to negotiate payment reimbursement from patients and third party payers, via incoming and outgoing phone calls or face to face interactions.
- Prior Authorization knowledge preferred.