Medical Insurance Specialist
Post Date: 05/30/2017 Job ID: 8761 Category: Professional
- Collects, reviews, discusses, and documents demographic, insurance, and financial information with patients and payers for our Client’ s in Arizona, Jacksonville and Rochester Revenue Cycles.
- Responsible for management and collection of our Client’ s Account Receivables through the use of automated systems and revenue cycle processes.
- Responds to and resolves a variety of account, billing and payment issues from patients and customers.
- Follows approved guidelines and policies regarding routine patient and payer interactions.
- Makes independent decisions that require individual and/or team analysis, reasoning, and problem solving.
- Interprets, applies and communicates our Client’ s policies regarding medical and financial aspects of patient care to assure optimal reimbursement for both the patient and our Client.
- This individual must accurately document interactions and interpret interactions documented by others.
Specific Job Details:
The manager would like to see candidates with back end experience (calling and working with insurance companies). It is a precertification and prior authorization position so candidates should have this experience. They will be calling insurance companies to ensure a patient is covered for a procedure before it is scheduled. Hours: 7a-4p or 8a-5p
- Must have excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to negotiate payment reimbursement from patients and third party payers, via incoming and outgoing phone calls or face to face interactions.
- Hours: M-F 8a-5p
- 1 year Customer Service experience