Medical Insurance Specialist
Jacksonville, Florida 32224
- Collects, reviews, discusses, and documents demographic, insurance, and financial information with patients and payers for our client in Arizona, Jacksonville and Rochester Revenue Cycles.
- Responsible for management and collection of our client’s Account Receivables through the use of automated systems and revenue cycle processes.
- Responds to and resolves a variety of account, billing and payment issues from patients and customers.
- Follows approved guidelines and policies regarding routine patient and payer interactions.
- Makes independent decisions that require individual and/or team analysis, reasoning, and problem solving.
- Interprets, applies and communicates our client’s policies regarding medical and financial aspects of patient care to assure optimal reimbursement for both the patient and our client.
- This individual must accurately document interactions and interpret interactions documented by others.
- Uses excellent customer service and interpersonal skills when interacting with patients and customers.
- HS Diploma or equivalent AND a minimum of two years of relevant experience in finance, collections, customer service, insurance and/or health care environment; OR an associate's degree is required.
- Bachelor degree in business or health care field preferred.
- Must be customer-focused, service-oriented and possess demonstrated skills in teambuilding, communication, decision-making, problem-solving, interaction, coping and versatility.
- Knowledge of personal computer applications such as Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, medical terminology, CPT and ICD 9 coding, Order Communication System, Bed Tracking and patient accounting systems experience helpful.
- Candidates possessing multi-linguistic skills and cross-cultural experiences are preferred, fluent in English is a requirement.
- Keyboarding experience required.