- Performs a variety of front and back office procedures which are consistent with the Arizona Medical Board state guidelines for Medical Assistants and are contained within the curriculum of a State approved Medical Assistant educational program.
- Front office procedures may include but are not limited to: billing and coding, verifying insurance, patient scheduling, and maintaining medical records.
- Back office procedures may include but are not limited to: rooming the patient and preparing the exam room, taking and recording patient vital signs, phlebotomy, administration of designated medications, assisting with office procedures including sterile technique, performing visual acuity screening as well as other diagnostic testing (e.g. electrocardiography and designated point of care tests), and communicating with patients in person or via the telephone as directed by the physician or designee.
Specific Job Details:
- Taking blood pressure, height, weight, reconciling medication lists, and placing orders for providers.
- They occasionally will request medical records or perform duties as assigned.
- They also are responsible for keeping supplies stocked in the clinic by removing expired goods and adding materials from our supply closet.
- Must be certified - CMA, RMA or CCMA and have taken an exam in order to get their certification in order to meet the CMS requirements to be able to do order entry.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date.
- RMA BLS