Land O' Lakes, Florida
- Perform routine administrative duties including answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients medical records, filling out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handling billing and bookkeeping.
- Perform clinical tasks include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens or perform basic laboratory tests on the premises, dispose of contaminated supplies, and sterilize medical instruments.
- Arrange examining-room instruments and equipment, purchase and maintain supplies and equipment, and keep waiting and examining rooms neat and clean.
- They should not be confused with physician assistants, who examine, diagnose, and treat patients under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent required,
- Prefer graduates of formal programs in medical assisting.
- Prefer certified applicants who have passed a national examination.
- Must be neat and well-groomed and have a courteous, pleasant manner.
- Must be able to put patients at ease and explain physicians instructions.