Grand Rapids, Michigan
2017-06-21 Job ID: 9033 Category: Health
- Facilitates efficient and effective patient flow including preparing the patient for the visit/admission, and providing specific services and education as determined by the providers in accordance with licensure and policy.
- Performs necessary administrative duties that assure all information is current and updated.
- Maintains and cleans environment, work area, equipment, and communicates any equipment malfunctions to appropriate department/unit personnel.
- Greets and communicates with patients and significant others in a manner consistent with caring and respect.
- Communicates, collaborates and anticipates the needs of the other members of the health care team in order to ensure continuity and quality of care and coordination of services.
- Collects and monitors patient data, reporting patient data and patient needs as directed.
- Documents care consistent with documentation guidelines, and patient chargeable items/services according to standards.
- Ensures that processes and services are continuously monitored for quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Engages in process and quality improvement activities.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve operational efficiency and to implement new services for areas of responsibility.
- Engages in continuous study of the entire professional field, including best practices, to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a competency based orientation program
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Must have the ability to perform injections (based on specific client entity and department as appropriate)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Medical Assistant- certified as a Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or registered as a Medical Assistant by the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- OR Licensed Practical Nurse (State of Michigan)
- Medical Assistant- certified as a Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or registered as a Medical Assistant by the American Medical Technologists (AMT),
- OR Licensed Practical Nurse (State of Michigan), OR Licensed Paramedic (State of Michigan)
- BLS specific to SHMG