Belle Glade, Florida
- Perform routine administrative duties, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services.
- Perform clinical tasks include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens or perform basic laboratory tests on the premises, dispose of contaminated supplies, and sterilize medical instruments.
- Arrange examining-room instruments and equipment, maintain supplies and equipment, and keep waiting and examining rooms neat and clean.
- Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent required, prefer graduates of formal programs in medical assisting.
- Prefer certified applicants who have passed a national examination.
- Must be neat and well-groomed and have a courteous, pleasant manner.
- Must be able to put patients at ease and explain physicians instructions.
- Familiar with EMR