Med/Surg Float RN - Travel or Local
Voca Health has immediate openings available for a Travel or local Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (RN) in Jacksonville, Florida!
As Florida’s youngest city – and one of the hippest – Jacksonville is the getaway that leaves you feeling refreshed yet accomplished. You won’t need a vacation from this location! In Jax, you can experience a different side of Florida, combining both relaxation and adventure, and allowing you to choose just how active you want to be. Enjoy 22 miles of beaches, extensive park system, world-class fishing, historic neighborhoods, vibrant street arts scene, creative coastal cuisine, delicious craft beer, vibrant nightlife and so much more!
There's no shortage of things to do in Florida. From natural wonders to fantastical journeys of imagination, visitors to the Sunshine State will discover a long list of things to do in Florida. There's no U.S. state quite like Florida, where strawberries grow in winter and beaches beckon year-round. But, oh, Florida is so much more. Shopping, museum-going, tropical rambles, historic stops and all manner of water sports showcase the state's versatility from big-city experiences and small-town fun to the planet's most beautiful landscapes. There are more than 1,000 golf courses, too. Florida also has more than 1,300 miles of coastline, and much of that is made up of sugar-sand beaches.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Rod Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org, 347-293-2562.
- The Jacksonville campus is ranked #1 in Florida and #1 in Jacksonville.
- This hospital primarily treats adults, although some specialists see teenagers and children. Most people are treated on an outpatient basis. It has 304 beds, 22 operating rooms, and offers care in more than 35 adult medical and surgical specialties. It also includes a full-service emergency department.
- Medical Surgical care is a catch-all for patients who aren’t well enough to go home, but not sick enough to require specialized care. Nurses are involved in these activities: inserting Foley caths, NG tubes, starting IVs, changing wound dressings, passing meds. Patients on a Med Surg unit include post-op, diabetics, bariatric surgery patients, detox, psych, cancer, orthopedic, heart disease, emphysema. This is usually the last stop at a hospital before the patient is released.
- Float between the Med/Surg floors. Cardiovascular, Hematology/Oncology, Abdominal Transplant, Medical, Neurology/Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Orthopedics/Urology
- Two years of Med/Surg experience required
- Work night shift 7pm-7am, will work every other weekend.
- Current BLS
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Voca | Manager of Healthcare Recruiting
Voca: The Spirit of Work