- The proposal manager is a strategic role requiring exceptional proposal management and writing skills with five to seven years of hands-on experience within a proposal center environment.
- The proposal manager will collaborate/interface with the deal team, including sales, proposal personnel, subject matter experts and executive leadership to complete large, complex opportunities.
- The proposal manager will write executive summaries and cover letters and research, write, and edit proposal-specific requirements.
- The proposal manager is expected to gain a broad understanding of our Client’s products, platforms and solutions in order to effectively lead the deal team in drafting targeted client-centric submissions that bolster our Client’s strengths across the payment processing ecosystem.
- The proposal manager will also manage ad hoc independent assignments such as update existing content database information and maintain a consistent brand through the creation and use of templates, presentation materials, graphics and supporting tools.
- This is a fast-paced environment with many competing proposals in process so the proposal manager is expected to work independently and collaboratively from the outset.
- Perform detailed analysis of Request for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and Vendor Questionnaires requirements; prepare compliance matrices/outlines and schedules in accordance with proposal teams guidelines
- Responsible for the end-to-end proposal process for new/existing business opportunities, beginning with the pre-sales phase to contract award
- Responsible for managing multiple, concurrent complex proposal efforts and teams simultaneously
- Identify, organize and coordinate proposal resources and ensure completion of all assignments, review of all work and adherence to internal quality control measures
- Maintain clear, consistent, timely and effective communication with deal team members:
- Email Communications: Provide detailed, timely communications (e.g., meeting invites [purpose, objective and agenda noted] deal summary, meeting minutes, action items, varying status email communications, etc.)
- Develop original, customized content that reflects our approach and represents our Client’s advantages:
- High-level Sections: Write or facilitate and provide meaningful insight/direction on the development of client-centric cover letters and executive summaries
- Lead proposal teams in discussions on proposal win themes/value proposition and other strategic messages
- Help SMEs articulate clear and persuasive messages that address the client’s requirements
- Ensure content is written for the intended audience, presented in one consistent voice and style and is error free
- Ensure completed proposal responses are professional in presentation, delivered on time and in compliance with the client’s requirements
- Provide thought leadership by thinking outside of the box, resulting in an impactful work product
- Responsible for leveraging the proposal content library material, supplemented with input from subject matter experts (SMEs), to formulate targeted and customized responses
- Facilitate regular progress meetings with the proposal deal teams to ensure adherence to the established proposal matrix and schedule
- Must proactively maintain the proposal content library to ensure that it is well organized, contains all relevant and necessary content to support effective proposal development, and reflect our most current capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Communications or a related field and APMP certification (preferred)
- At least five to seven years’ experience in Fintech, financial services/payment processing proposal environment responding to government (federal, state and local), public and private sector, higher education, merchant and financial institutions RFPs
- Strong proposal writing experience in a fast-paced, high volume environment is critical; excellent verbal and written communication skills’ writing original content and editing are essential functions of the job
- Exemplary organizational skills, including accuracy and timeliness with the ability to work well under pressure managing multiple activities and meeting established goals in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work well with various levels within the organization; ability to work irregular schedule and necessary hours to meet required deadlines; must be able to work independently
- Demonstrate a high degree of competency using software products, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop) and content management/proposal automation software (e.g., Qvidian, SharePoint and Salesforce) is highly preferred
- Must be able to work onsite in an in-office environment
- Have a willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Must be able to multi-task on multiply concurrent deals with short turnaround time