St. Cloud, Minnesota
- The primary focus of this position is to prepare completed jobs for shipping to the correct customers.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment.
- Specific duties for this position include scanning trays to prepare invoices, matching invoices numerically to tray number, wrapping finished jobs and sorting numerically by specific account number, and closing boxes with appropriate labels for shipping.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Essential Duties: Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Wrap completed jobs in plastic bags or envelopes based on specific job procedures. 40%
- Sort wrapped jobs numerically and match to appropriate account box. 20%
- Scan trays into computer to create invoices and match numerically to appropriate tray number. 20%
- Pack and close boxes and prepare for shipping by taping and attaching correct shipping label. 10%
- Retrieve completed job trays from appropriate department and return to designated area when complete. 10%
- Fold and prepare boxes for mailing.
- Utilize computer to create and re-print labels as needed and sort according to account.
- Utilize computer to close all couriers at the end of the shift.
- Utilize postage machine to create appropriate postage for First Class Mail.
- Perform other duties within shipping department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by: Frequently lift and move 20 lbs to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Language Ability Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability Basic ability to add and subtract. Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills Basic computer skills.