Sioux City, Iowa
Post Date: 07/11/2017 2017-07-11 Job ID: 9279 Category: Professional
- The primary focus of this position is to prepare completed jobs for shipping to the correct customers.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment.
- Scanning trays to prepare invoices, matching invoices numerically to tray number, wrapping finished jobs and sorting numerically by specific account number, and closing boxes with appropriate labels for shipping.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Wrap completed jobs in plastic bags or envelopes based on specific job procedures. 40%
- Sort wrapped jobs numerically and match to appropriate account box. 20%
- Scan trays into computer to create invoices and match numerically to appropriate tray number. 20%
- Pack and close boxes and prepare for shipping by taping and attaching correct shipping label. 10%
- Retrieve completed job trays from appropriate department and return to designated area when complete. 10%
- Fold and prepare boxes for mailing.
- Utilize computer to create and re-print labels as needed and sort according to account.
- Utilize computer to close all couriers at the end of the shift.
- Utilize postage machine to create appropriate postage for First Class Mail.
- Perform other duties within shipping department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by: Frequently lift and move 20 lbs to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Basic computer skills.