- Receives direction from Radiology Director, Managers, Supervisor, Team Leader and Radiologists.
- Works cooperatively with Physicians and Allied Health Personnel.
- Interacts professionally with patients and treats them with dignity and respect.
- Operates the magnetic resonance imaging equipment to produce quality diagnostic cross sectional images of any part of the body for review and interpretation by a radiologist.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
- Graduation from an ARRT-certified Health Science Program.
- One year technologist experience in one of the following: Radiography, MRI or Nuclear Medicine.
Additional Experience and/or Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span.
- The ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
- Technical competence with general radiographic equipment and procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, making decisions and directing work and patient flow to maximize operational efficiency. Strong interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service. * Attention to detail and strong organizational skills. *
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and completion of MRI-related courses preferred.
- ARRT certification in one of the following: Radiography (R), MRI (MR) or Nuclear Medicine (N).
- Arizona MRTBE certification in one of the following: Radiography (CRT) or Nuclear Medicine (CNMT).
- Basic Life Support Certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) Competency.
- ARRT (MR) required within 18 months of hire.