- Receives direction from Radiology Director, Managers, Supervisor, Team Leader and Radiologists.
- Works cooperatively with Physicians and Allied Health Personnel.
- Interacts professionally with patients and treats them with dignity and respect.
- Operates the magnetic resonance imaging equipment to produce quality diagnostic cross-sectional images of any part of the body for review and interpretation by a radiologist.
Specific Job Details:
- FTE 8 hour shifts Monday thru Friday 8-430.
- Call required once a week 1830-0500 and every other weekend Friday 1830- Monday 0500.
- Also Christmas 2017 Holiday from Friday Dec 22nd 1830 through Tuesday Dec 26th 0500.
- Graduation from an ARRT-certified Health Science Program.
- One year technologist experience in one of the following: Radiography, MRI or Nuclear Medicine.
- Knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span.
- The ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information. relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
- Technical competence with general radiographic equipment and procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, making decisions and directing work and patient flow to maximize operational efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and completion of MRI-related courses preferred.
- ARRT certification in one of the following: Radiography (R), MRI (MR) or Nuclear Medicine (N).
- Basic Life Support Certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) Competency.
- ARRT (MR) required within 18 months of hire.
- Preference given to ARRT MRI registered technologist