Job Description Summary
This role will be responsible for support and administration of mission critical NAS storage infrastructure across our Client. As a Storage Engineer, you will ensure that the NAS Storage infrastructure effectively supports the ongoing business operations, revenue, and strategic direction.
To achieve success, this position will need to work closely with Design and Engineering, Service Introduction, Delivery and other DCIS teams to ensure smooth functioning of the underlying NAS storage infrastructure.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Provide necessary on call support
- Provision storage and backup capabilities in line with project and work request requirements
- Perform necessary Storage infrastructure maintenance activities and data migration, as required.
- Provide assistance with storage migration projects
- Identify scalability, performance and integration issues and propose optimal solutions.
- Report on and manage storage and backup capacity
- Amend and create new documentation in line with existing standards
- Implement and manage new storage & backup hardware deployments
- Manage the decommissioning of legacy hardware
- Manage and troubleshoot storage & backup issues which include following escalation paths, both internally and externally and liaison with vendors
- Working with the design engineers to bring new capabilities into the support team
- Proactively maintain and manage the storage & backup environment
- Adhere to agreed standards, policies and procedures
- Possess a University degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science/Technology or Engineering.
- Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
- Minimum 5+ years of overall IT experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a NAS on Netapp Storage and associated management tools
- Optional - Good working Knowledge of ZFS storage
- Experience in Storage data migrations between 7-mode to 7-mode and 7-mode to c-DOT clusters
- Experience in Storage data techniques using SnapMirror, Snapvault, Data motion etc
- Exposure to Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery strategy, planning, and implementation
- Proficiency in at least one of the following operating systems: Solaris, Windows or Linux
- Experience with tiered storage and the ability to quantify the storage requirements for a particular project or application.
- Flexible and willing to learn new technologies and applications
- Basic UNIX command, Shell and Perl scripting required
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Good written and verbal communication
- Effective team player willing to assist others when needed
- ITIL based incident, change, problem management processes
- Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
- Possess a wide range of technical knowledge
- Self motivated and able to work independently on multiple group projects
- Ability to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations
- Proven skills analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems configurations
- Creative person who looks for new and innovative ways to resolve problems
- Ability to represent the department from a technology perspective
- Scripting experience in Python or Perl
- Certifications Required: Any Storage Related Certification would add value.