St. Cloud, Minnesota
- The primary focus of this position is to pick the appropriate lenses for the job.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgement.
- Specific duties for this position include picking lenses for job trays, lens verification, box opening and matching job tickets to trays.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Pick appropriate lenses from the shelves. 45%
- Utilize work ticket to verify that the lens pulled is correct for the job. 20%
- Open manufacturer boxes and remove lenses. 15%
- Restock lenses when shipments arrive. 15%
- Sort and match work ticket to appropriate tray. 5%
- Perform cycle counts by auditing inventory.
- Assist customer service by verifying lens inventory and recommending products.
- Utilize computer to bill stock orders.
- Perform other duties within the lens inventory department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height and 1 lb above shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to climb, stoop and balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous related experience and/or training preferred.
- Language Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills Basic computer skills.
- Certificates and Licenses None required.