Legal Research Analyst
2017-06-22 Job ID: 9067 Category: Legal
- The Senior Legal Research Analyst position is primarily responsible for analyzing legal information in Westlaw and working with Product Management to determine how to better leverage that information for legal researchers.
- Identifying relationships among legal information sets;
- Conducting significant core legal research to identify critical legal authority on specific issues;
- Making fine-grain, qualitative judgments of legal content;
- Monitoring performance of new products and enhancements through testing and grading evaluations;
- Collaborating with team members and internal stakeholders to better leverage key legal research information.
- JD required Admission to a state bar required
- 3+ years of legal experience required;
- Significant litigation experience, including handling own cases;
- Experience in transactional work such as negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, and related legal documents is helpful but not required;
- Strong legal research skills with experience using Westlaw and/or other online legal research tools;
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and express complex legal material quickly and accurately;
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment;
- Ability to work independently, consistently meet deadlines, and achieve individual objectives within larger team projects;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including conscientiousness, flexibility, dependability, and the ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels of the Company.
- Strong computer skills including applications such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook