This position is responsible for Judicial Motions workflows within the Editorial Operations department. This includes identifying legal motions and tracking their outcomes using proprietary software, as well as other tasks required for efficient and high-quality creation and delivery of legal analytics products.
- Review and analyze trial court documents including dockets, motions and orders. Analysis will vary but may include such editorial activities as selection of documents according to pre-established standards or classification of documents by motion type, judge, and outcome.
- Review and analysis will be performed under the direction of a project lead.
- Read and review trial court documents online, and track litigation activities using one or more editorial systems.
- Complete analysis according to established quality and productivity metrics
- 2-3 years of RECENT legal industry or legal information experience preferred
- Ability to learn new software and web based applications
- Strong understanding of technology and familiarity with Internet research
- Strong PC skills including applications such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve in a logical manner.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Our Client experience required.