2017-03-17 Job ID: 8107 Category: Legal
- The Legal Editor position is primarily responsible for conducting in-depth research and analysis of legal information.
- The Legal Editor must be able to analyze large amounts of complicated legal information, identify legal issues, and critically assess the relevancy of caselaw and other resources to a legal issue.
- law expertise, advanced legal research skills, and a passion for delivering quality work are essential to this position.
- Key responsibilities include: conducting significant and advanced legal research across all types of content and practice areas; assessing, analyzing and interpreting legal information;
- identifying relationships and patterns among legal information sets;
- communicating findings and questions with manager and team members.
- JD required
- Admission to a state bar preferred
- 1–3 years of legal experience preferred
- Strong legal research skills with experience using Westlaw and/or other online legal research tools
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and express complex legal material quickly and accurately
- Ability to work independently and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)