Legal Application Analyst
2017-09-07 Job ID: 10016 Category: Legal
- Provide legal interpretation and expertise (analysis, research, and features creation) to support the development of online functionality and infrastructure, ensuring that systems deliver intended results to customers.
- 70% - Production Functions: Create, modify, test, and maintain queries against Westlaw data for topical view databases and collection set based category pages for Westlaw; troubleshoot errors in topical content databases
- 30% - Quality Control and Verification: Elicits from and verifies requirements with internal customers. Verification of own work for accuracy and completeness. Analyzes, researches, and resolves quality errors.
- J.D. Degree from an American Bar Association approved law school is required.
- Demonstrated strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills along with solid judgment.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and organize detailed legal material.
- Technical skills and aptitude for computer applications and systems such as word processing and file management applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applications/systems used by the team.
- Examples include MS Office and Westlaw and Boolean search syntax.
- Ability to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks.
- Demonstrated process, product, and systems knowledge, and teamwork.
- Actively participates in and contributes to team or content center projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal terminology and court legislative and regulatory levels.
- Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills, including composition/grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong learning agility.
- Able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work.
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving on an individualized level and within the context of a team environment.
- Ability to work with team members, contacts from other teams, departments, virtual and off-site teams/vendors or sourcing partners effectively.