Legal Application Analyst
Provide legal interpretation and expertise (analysis, research, and features creation) to support the development of online functionality and infrastructure, ensuring that systems deliver intended results to customers.
- 70% - Production Functions: Create, modify, test, and maintain queries against Westlaw data for topical view databases and collection set based category pages for WestlawNext; troubleshoot errors in topical content databases
- 30% - Quality Control and Verification: Elicits from and verifies requirements with internal customers. Verification of own work for accuracy and completeness. Analyzes, researches, and resolves quality errors.
- J.D. Degree from an American Bar Association approved law school is required. Demonstrated strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills along with solid judgment. Ability to interpret, analyze, and organize detailed legal material.
- Technical skills and aptitude for computer applications and systems such as word processing and file management applications. Demonstrated proficiency in applications/systems used by the team. Examples include MS Office, Westlaw Classic and WestlawNext, and Boolean search syntax.
- Ability to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks.
- Demonstrated process, product, and systems knowledge, and teamwork. Actively participates in and contributes to team or content center projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal terminology and court legislative and regulatory levels.
- Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills, including composition/grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong learning agility. Able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work.
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving on an individualized level and within the context of a team environment.
- Ability to work with team members, contacts from other teams, departments, virtual and off-site teams/vendors or sourcing partners effectively.