Lead Broadcast - Events Technician
New York, New York
Post Date: 06/05/2017 2017-06-05 Job ID: 8817 Category: Technology
- Working closely with onsite event planners in providing A/V support for our Client’ s MarketSite events – which include but not limited to earnings calls, press conferences, webcam initiatives, corporate meetings, product demos, and day/evening receptions.
- Being the A/V technical liaison for all events to procure and satisfy client requirements.
- Effectively work with all contractors utilized for events coverage.
- Communicating with team members to coordinate coverage for events.
- Ensuring daily processes and procedures are followed for day-to-day operations, which include but not limited to Opening/Closing Bell ceremonies, IPO ceremonies, and special events.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the A/V head-end control room, which include but not limited to proper wiring, room cleanliness, equipment & cable labeling, and ensuring a lucid interface to all A/V equipment.
- Troubleshoot and address any AV operational issues when they arise and communicate with all stakeholders. Providing documentation to all A/V equipment and systems in addition to generating day-to-day checklists.
- Oversee and maintain all conference rooms to ensure proper operation of all A/V related equipment. Providing A/V support when needed for meetings, conference calls, and events.
- Recommend and implement upgrades when appropriate.
- Ensure equipment interfaces are properly configured, operational, and labeled.
- Working and communicating closely with the Technical Operations Director in conveying the status of current projects, specific issues, and ensuring proper A/V coverage of all events – conference rooms, and the main events space.
- Ensuring requirements, deadlines, and expectations are met as per the directives set forth by the Director and the event planners.
- Assisting Opening/Closing bell ceremony directors to ensure A/V signage components necessary for Opening/Closing bell & IPO ceremonies are fully functional – Podium, Plasma/LCD screens, lighting equipment, timers, projectors, microphones, speakers, and computers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline or work experience and formal training equivalent to a four-year degree.
- Experience working in real-time environment is a must.
- Must be able to work beyond normal business hours.
- Must be able to work various shifts.
- Multi-tasking is required and being detail-oriented is critical.
- Nature of position involves direct contact with situations involving high stress in a live, extremely visible environment.
- Motivated, team-oriented, and driven to satisfy the customer base.
- Comfortable with PC hardware and standard Microsoft Office applications
- Extron, Crestron, Lutron, Biamp, Shure, Digital Signage, Polycom knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
- 5-10 years of experience in providing AV setup/breakdown and operational support of LIVE onsite events and production in addition to supporting and maintaining A/V infrastructure equipment.