Rochester, Minnesota 55901
- The laboratory assistant is responsible for biological (e.g. blood, urine) specimen receipt, identification verification, processing and storage.
- The laboratory assistant is also responsible for performing a variety of clerical, processing, and other laboratory duties that include maintaining supply inventory, filing, stocking, receiving shipments, and cleaning.
- The laboratory assistant works with various computer information systems on a daily basis.
Specific Job Details:
- Primary job duties will be in the MML Packaging (AP Returns) work area, accessing and updating orders in the MMLS application, then packaging/shipping blocks/slides for return to MML clients.
- Additional duties as designated by the MML Packaging Supervisor may include loading/unloading delivery carts, shipping and receiving packages as required by MML Packaging.
- Schedule will be M-F, 8 am - 4:30 pm. OT available when determined by work load. No weekends/holidays
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science and 1-2 years medical experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience or knowledge of computers and keyboarding, telephone operations and other office equipment desired.
- Ability to accurately read Specimen labels and work with numbers to prevent mislabeling.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess good human relations skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, and weekend work assignments.
- Requires the ability to be attentive to details and to adhere to strict safety requirements for handling infectious agents.