Rochester, New York 14694
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
• Implement features in new and existing software systems using Java, Tomcat, and Oracle.
• Troubleshoot and repair software systems, both collaboratively and individually.
• Create documentation for use by other developers and internal customers.
• Write and modify software according to business specifications.
• Create and execute unit and integration tests to ensure code meets requirements.
• Participate in project planning sessions to understand development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates.
• Develop software using industry and company best practices.
• Account for the quality and timeliness of own work.
• Maintain and grow applications according to business and technology priorities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Required Experience:
• Preferred Experience:
o Cold Fusion
o Python, Perl, or other scripting language
o Subversion, Mercurial or other source control tool
o TFS, Jira, or other issue tracking tool
o Agile, Scrum, or other software development methodologies
• General understanding of software development quality processes.
• Proven written and oral communication skills.
• Proven problem solving capabilities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Computer science degree preferred. 5+ years of relevant experience.