Post Date: 07/07/2017 2017-07-07 Job ID: 9249 Category: Professional
- The primary responsibility of this position is to perform parts inventory asset audits for SOX requirements to provide assurance to our SOX team and external auditors that our balance sheet is accurately stated.
- Additional job duties can include LLP stub audit testing, expendable cycle count testing, special audits, station audits, and ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- The audit process requires reconciling the physical parts to the asset records.
- Each audit requires a physical count of the parts in the Atlanta hangar which includes the stores, shops, and other possible locations within the hangar.
- A station confirmation is used for other locations.
- Shop personnel and inventory analysts should assist in finding missing parts or explain why extra parts were found.
- Applications such as SAP, MIRS, and Brio should be used to compare system tracking and asset records and to help find physical parts.
- The auditor will then put together the audit package documenting the quantity and location of parts found against the number of assets in the accounting records.
- Additional audit research may be needed to track down lost parts or to find root causes of variances.
- Part of the job responsibility is to help identify the root cause when there is an audit variance so that Operations and Finance can correct the issue going forward for better parts management and accuracy of asset records.
- The Auditor should make recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
- Audits the accounting and financial data of various departments within an organization to ensure accuracy and compliance with government guidelines and laws.
- Identifies improper accounting or documentation and researches issues and makes recommendations
- Requires at least 5 years of shop operations or equivalent TOC experience.
- Familiarity with parts movements, scrapping, purchasing, repair orders, repair and development, and part-out programs is desired.
- Inventory Analysis, Production Control, or workcenter related experience preferred.
- Should be familiar with TOC shops and hangar and be able to navigate the building.
- This position requires physically walking the floor to find parts during audits.
- Candidate should be proficient in SAP and excel.
- MIRS/GEM, RGM, and ACTS/DBMS skills preferred.
- Previous Finance or audit experience a plus.
- Brio and Sceptre skills a plus.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must also be able to work independently with minimal supervision.