Insurance Billing and Follow-Up Rep
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Performs billing functions to review and take necessary actions to resolve billing errors ensuring clean claim submission.
- Performs charge corrections per departmental requests.
- Works directly with third party payers, internal and external customers, toward effective and efficient claims resolution.
- Responds to Customer Service inquires.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of third party billing and collection requirements for payers assigned.
- Submits replacement, cancel, and appeal, claims to third party payers.
- Utilizes all resources available, including electronic inquiries to verify eligibility, and claim status.
- Exercises good judgement towards account resolution and documents all activity on account in clear, accurate, and consistent manner.
- Contacts patient for additional information in order to have claims processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Perform due diligence to contact patient by phone and/or sending a letter.
- Advises manager/coordinator of any billing errors, third party payer trends, denials, or payment fluctuation, to ensure proper handling and escalation when necessary.
- Meets departmental productivity and quality assurance standards in accordance with departmental policies.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- ICD-9 10 Coding experience helpful.
- Reports to: Manager Accounts Receivable.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Data Entry: Skilled in entering data and calculating items for processing; input of data into computer systems.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Math Basic Skills: Knowledge and skills related to applying mathematical tools and methods for routine calculations.
- Records Management: Knowledge of appropriate data collection policy and procedures, filing systems, data management systems, and programs.
- Ability to compile, assimilate, organize, and store printed and electronic information.
- Written Communication: Ability to organize and express information and ideas in written form to individuals as well as groups. Construct messages that are clear and convincing.
- High school graduate or equivalent Experience: Minimum 2 years office experience, preferably in a health care setting.