IT Desktop Specialist
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Conducts analysis, creates system specifications, develops, tests and implements engineering, scientific/business applications, operating systems, file/database servers.
- Utilizes existing or new technology in the automation of processes.
- Evaluates software packages, provides recommendations to mngt.
- Independently support clients of our Client's systems via phone, email, web, or in person regarding computer software/hardware operation.
- Develop training materials/procedures, train users in the proper use of hardware/software.
- Troubleshoot device conflicts, resolve connectivity, moderately complex application issues.
- Analyze issue, determine resolution. Provide 2nd-level support to the Help Desk for PC issues.
- Build new PC assets in accordance w/business requirements, replace outdated equipment, manage technology obsolescence.
- Determine best methods, cost effectiveness.
- Image new PCs or laptops, hardware/software setup, configuration, remote control.
- Independently develop, complete sm
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or a related field; or the equivalent combination of experience/education.
- Minimum of 3 yrs. experience as a hands-on Desktop Support Technician working in an enterprise class environment w/personal computers, laptops.
- Excellent attention to detail, the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Good understanding of networking essentials, PC troubleshooting, networking.
- Knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors.
- Understanding of company's existing IT environment and of applicable company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Documentation skills to prepare documentation of processes and procedures according to corporate standards.
- Communication and interpersonal skills for consulting with users to understand needs, define requirements, and provide effective solutions.
- Ability to develop, work through, and complete small technical projects.