IT Business Analyst
As a member of the IT Enterprise Portfolio Management team, the IT Business Analyst will be expected to perform all duties related to the requirements gathering process from the inception of a project through end-to-end testing, in order to capture and document business requirements while creating and maintaining traceability throughout the cycle. This position will require interaction with Business counterparts and IT technical resources.
The IT Business Analyst primary responsibility will be gathering business requirements and documenting requirements for business approval.
- Create excellent documentation (e.g., functional requirements, non-functional requirements, user stories, etc.) that can be easily understood by highly technical outsourced or distributed teams
- Selecting the appropriate elicitation technique to efficiently identify critical requirements.
- Analyzing and refining business, functional, and operational requirements.
- Asking the right questions through the use of interviewing templates developed specifically for business analysis elicitation.
- Quickly understand technical vision and align interactions, meetings, etc., with steps to achieve future state
- Lead requirements gathering sessions with business leaders; facilitate stakeholder process to find common ground on business needs, process requirements, prioritization and differentiate needs versus wants, etc., throughout each session
- Responsible for traceability matrices to ensure that all project and program requirements are delivered through business processes and software objects.
- Define testing objectives and verify requirements are testable.
- Build strong relationships with project stakeholders and utilize these relationships to meet sponsor project and program objectives in a timely manner.
- Anticipate issues, think proactively, and use critical thinking skills to plan stakeholder elicitation sessions.
- Effectively communicate business needs, organizational changes, etc., across the team (e.g., business leaders, service line technical solution architects, etc.); ensure strong understanding from all team members
- Responsible for working with the IT Project Manager on communications with internal and external sources.
- Must be able to support multiple service line leaders and projects as allocation needs change for the organization.
- Interested in and able to work as an individual contributor.
- Experience with SAAS based applications and how to elicit requirements to meet the technology needs.
- Must have Oracle Financial Experience and completed multiple projects using this application.
- Bachelor Degree in IT, CS or an equivalent Bachelor’s degree with relevant Information Technology experience and 3-5 years associated work experience.
- Strong knowledge of standard Microsoft software applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Visio required.
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in team environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills, with the ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of executive and line management.
- Proven track record of working with complex system environments.
- Ability to understand and manipulate concepts as to design solutions that will fit high level business requirements as well as everyday limitations.
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization (verbal, written and presentation).
- Self motivated, eager to learn and grow.