Hum - Care Coach - 4628
Care Coaches shall meet one of the following qualifications:
1. Case Management Staff Qualifications and Experience
a. Case managers shall meet one of the following qualifications:
(1) Case Managers with the following qualifications shall also have a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience:
(a) Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, gerontology or a related social services field;
(b) Registered nurse, licensed to practice in the state;
(c) Bachelor’s degree in a field other than social science; or
(2) Case Managers with the following qualifications shall also have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience: Licensed Practical Nurse, licensed to practice in the state.
(3) Case Managers without the aforementioned qualifications may substitute professional human service experience on a year-for-year basis for the educational requirement. Case Managers without a bachelor’s degree shall have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience.
Care Coaches shall meet all of the following qualifications:
• This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
• Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office, to ensure you and your patients have absolute and continuous privacy while you work.
• Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (No Satellite).
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
• AHCA Fingerprint Required
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology or related field OR Licensed Practice Nurse
• 701B Certification
• Medication application (RFA) experience
• Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
• Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience
• Road Warrior who enjoys traveling long distances
• Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experience with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
• Experience working with geriatric population
• Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
• Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
Must be level 2 fingerprinted through AHCA and must take TB blood test.