- Analyzes patient information to ensure compliance with standards established by Federal/State & Joint Commission & CMS regulations.
- Coordinates with clinicians to ensure documentation contains all required elements and is completed in a timely manner.
- Adheres to institutional policies regarding health care documentation.
- Utilizes independent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Works independently and collaboratively across the enterprise with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to guidelines with regard to accessing minimum necessary information to complete job function.
- Adheres to state and federal rules regarding privacy and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Leverages technology to serve the patients and practice.
- Professionally communicates through all electronic, written, and verbal methods.
- Ensures great customer service while assisting patients, care providers, allied health staff, attorneys, insurance companies, government audits, and others in a courteous, professional and confidential manner.
Specific Job Details:
- M-F 8.5 hour shift with a 30 min lunch.
- Flexible hours and the earliest someone can start is 6:30 am.
- An Associate’s degree is required, any discipline but healthcare is desirable.
- Associate degree in healthcare related discipline, with an Associate's degree in Health Information Technology preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of medical records format and content and be able to perform work in a fast paced, constant change, production environment with a focus on quality.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to clearly, concisely and professionally communicate verbally and in written forms.
- Demonstrated ability to maneuver in multi technology environment and demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications.
- Keyboarding skills necessary, with intermediate typing/keyboard/computer skills.